The goal of each class is to help participants adopt safe, healthy fitness habits by working with them to perfect their form and approach their workouts in an organized and effective manner. Below you will find strategies and recommendations for accomplishing this in an outdoor fitness park setting.
When setting up and explaining stations, use the Tell-Show-Do method.
- Tell them what the exercise is and generally how to do it [auditory cueing].
- Show them how to do it by demonstrating the exercise [visual cueing].
- Have the participant do the exercise and think about how it feels [kinesthetic cueing,].
- Answer any questions.
Recommendations for Instructors Teaching a Circuit Training Class:
- – Steps 1 and 2 should occur after the class introduction and before the warm up.
- – After the warm up, participants should go to their assigned first station. They should be given the opportunity to do a few repetitions of the exercise and to ask any questions before the round begins.
- – Encourage participants to watch the person at the next station as a mental reminder of what to expect next.