The below sponsorship benefits and budget breakouts are to help your organization and executive team better evaluate the possibility of supporting FitLot’s work and the long term health of your community. FitLot is able to customize our projects to meet the needs, interests, and capacity of your organization to support. Please use the following information as a starting point and let us know if there is anything else we can facilitate or provide to get your organization involved as a supporter.
Sponsorship Benefits & Options
Logos & Branding
- Logo featured on welcome sign and/or shade canopy and surfacing.
- Equipment, shade and surfacing colors customized to reflect your brand colors.
- Company Logo featured as park sponsor on FitLot.org park landing page.
Promotion & Media
- Company support featured in a 60-second promotional video produced by FitLot.
- Company referred to as title sponsor of FitLot Community Classes and logo used on all Program Outreach Materials, including: Flyers, Social Media Posts and Press Releases.
- Volunteer Build Day for up to 25 employees (if requested).
- Ribbon cutting ceremony with remarks by Company CEO.
- Company booth and promotion at Ribbon Cutting.
- Community fitness days, demonstrations, or other health-related community events to open and engage the outdoor fitness park and kick-off program seasons.
- PII Data of program participants who opt into communications during registration will be collected and shared.
What Your Funding Supports – Per Park
FitLot equipment and shade structure with custom colors, logos and welcome signage– $105,276
Construction and Safety Surfacing – $101,000
- Site Prep, Concrete
- Up to 20 ft of ADA accessible walkway
- Installation of outdoor fitness park
- Safety Surfacing
Site Amenities – $3,000
- 2 benches, trash can & bike rack
3 Year Program Grant – $7,800
- $2,600/yr for 3 years based off of 52* classes a year, $40 instructor/$10 Admin support
- *This is a program grant suggestion and can be scaled up or down.
FitLot Management Fee (14.5%) – $31,476
Sponsorship Per Project = $248,552
*This is a sample breakout budget for 2022 projects. Location, site conditions, current cost of materials, labor, freight, and taxes can all change the cost of a project +/- 5-10%
Potential Sponsorship Impacts and Engagement
Below is data from The University of New Orleans’s Transportation Institute’s pedestrian counter on the Lafitte Greenway, located next to the greenway entrance to the FitLot Outdoor Fitness Park.
|Average Daily Users
|Total Annual Users
These numbers tell us how many people walk or bike by the fitness park every single day and on an annual basis.
By taking the 2020 total number of annual users and multiplying it by the conservative 15-year lifespan of the park, we can extrapolate that fitness park and sponsorship recognition will be viewed at least 4,938,015 times in the park’s lifespan. This number does not account for the increased annual usage overtime or any of the automobile traffic.
We cannot guarantee each location will have the same amount of exposure, but we hope this example demonstrates just how many people may interact with each park and recognize your company’s community support on a daily, annual and long term basis.
We assist with Press Releases for each park opening as well as organizing media coverage for class outreach at the beginning of each program season.
Over the last two years, our Community Build Days, Ribbon Cuttings, and ongoing activation of the parks have been well covered by news media outlets throughout the country creating an estimated 150 million media impressions.
In an 18-month period, the AARP FitLot Initiative was picked up by 98 different media outlets across America with a reach of over 65 million individuals. Along with print and online news outlets, almost half of these earned media hits were via local broadcast television news.
We generate broad social media engagement through outreach and partnerships with Mayors, elected officials, parks & recreation departments, FitLot Coaches, and users all across the country.
Please visit Fitlot.org/press/ for a gallery of articles and news stories about FitLot projects.
Available FitLot Sponsorships
Sponsorship of 5 Programmed FitLot’s – $1,242,760
Sponsorship of 10 Programmed FitLot’s – $2,485,522
Sponsorship of 15 Programmed FitLot’s – $3,728,283
The Impact of Your Sponsorship in Perspective
- In 2018, the average cost of a bypass surgery was $123,000. A single FitLot could prevent dozens, even hundreds of bypass surgeries from ever being needed.
- The cost of a new 1,570 square-foot concession stand with restrooms built on the Lafitte Greenway in 2021 was $1,900,000
- 1.9M could fund 7 FitLots creating walkable access to tens of thousands of residents in 7 different neighborhoods for the next 15-20 years.
Thank you for taking the time to review FitLot’s call for support and sponsorship package. We think of each sponsorship as a unique relationship and would love to brainstorm with you to create the most impactful partnership possible. Please direct any questions regarding this initiative to FitLot’s Executive Director, Adam Mejerson or click here to schedule a call.